Friday, February 10, 2012

Router Blues

This weekend I bought a small, cheap switch so I could connect more wired devices to my router...

Got a "new" (to me) computer to run my minecraft server on--it's now much more stable.

My last weigh-in was 256.0 lbs.  I've been counting my calories (and so on) for over two years and slowly but surely losing weight.

Tuesday: Today, I learned what a 'CGI' is, in reference to web development... means 'common gateway interface' and apparently its function is to let coders make something which interfaces with web servers! Wooo!

If you do any coding or scripting, here's a couple links which pointed me in the right direction:
http://farm2440.blogspot.com/2011/06/creating-web-interface.html
http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/cgi/

Wednesday: Discovered 'jquery' very cool web development tool.

Thursday: I *hate* Internet Explorer.  Any time I'm making anything web related, I must take several extra steps to make sure it works with IE--everything else works fine, just not IE... no, IE needs extra crap just to work right.

Friday: And illness strikes... but I went to work anyhow.

Reality being what it is... my reliable old router has been all sorts of whacky lately, so I'll be teaching a 2-ethernet port computer to be a router and just hooking the switch to that.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment